Stage Acting Course
Delivered by professionals of the theatre industry, our Acting classes includes the most successful methods and techniques to improve your skills and presence on stage. From Stanislavski to Alexander, through physical expression and improvisation work, you will learn how to break down a monologue, pace your dialogue, build your character, find the true emotions and intentions in yourself, as well as widen your repertoire of expressions and work on natural reactivity.
This course has been especially designed for Stage Actors and Musical Theatre Performers.
All our students are highly trained in delivering truthful performances throughout a wide range of characters and situations. We teach our students the skills they’ll need to become professionals of the theatre industry.
Based on a sharp understanding of your character and the situation, one of the main cores of LVBA approach is to train our students understanding that ‘What you do” as an actor, may it be a facial expression, an intonation, a reaction or a gesture, is irrelevant unless you know “why” you are doing it. Acting is not faking or pretending; it is a true act of life placed in a fictional environment.
The second main core of our method is what we call the “natural reactivity”. Human beings always react, more or less, naturally and impulsively to situations. The work of an actor is to be able to reproduce the same reactivity and responsiveness in a scripted and calculated situation, on a stage, in front of an audience.
We also insist that to become a professional you need more than skills and knowledge, you need strength and a strong work-discipline. At LVBA, we pride ourselves in giving our students that strength and discipline they’ll need later.
Next Term starts:
- Introduction to Stanislavski, Meisner, Strasberg, Alexander and Adler
- What is Acting? Is ACTING faking?
- Characterisation and Scenography
- Study of Human emotions and expressions (Psychology)
- Study of Human Communication principles
- Breaking down your text (Monologue, Dialogue, Phrasing, Emphasis and Intent)
- Acting is about the “why”, not the “how”
- Discipline & Professionalism
- and much more…
- Training with Stanislavski, Meisner, Strasberg, Alexander and Adler’s methods
- Diction and Articulation
- Phrasing and emphasis
- Creative expression and reactive emotions
- Work on Sense memory and Justification
- Work your characterisation (background and justification)
- Improvisation and Scenes work
- Work on true emotions and natural reactivity
- Physical Expressions (Space, Time, Breathe, Gravity, Behaviour, Gestures)
- Risk taking, become a bold actor
- Build-up your Stage presence
- Prepare your audition(s)
- and much more…
Masterclasses & Showcase
Every Month, professionals from the industry, producers, directors and professional actors come to our online or live Masterclasses to share their experience with our students.
At the end of the year, our students have the opportunity to show their progresses and talent during a public showcase in a venue of Brisbane.
For those who want to add more skills to their craft and increase their opportunities of landing contracts.
- Vocal Training – 2 hours a week
- Instrument (Piano or guitar) – ½ hour a week
- Ballet – 1.5 hour a week
- Tap dance – 1 hour a week
- Hip-Hop – 1 hour a week
What our students say:
“I highly recommend LVBA Acting course for anyone who has professional ambitions. Real trainers, real training, the real deal!
“I wasn’t sure what to expect but LVBA delivered much more than whatever I was expecting. I learn so much about acting, stage craft but also so much about myself. A fantastic journey. Thanks LVBA!”
Course Detail & Price
✓ACTING (2 hours)
FULL COURSE: $
Weekly Payment: $ (upon application)
When joining this course, all new students receive:
- 1 LVBA T-shirt
- 1 LVBA Notebook
- 1 LVBA Folder
Tri4 Students Bonus:
All our students completing their Tri 4 training receive:
- 1 Professional Photoshoot
Next Term starts:
You might also like our
MUSICAL THEATRE PROGRAMS
Acting + Singing
Master the voice in all its forms and get the ‘Double-threat’
Acting + Dancing
Especially designed for singers and vocalists, complete your training and get the 2 strings you need to get the triple-threat.
Combines Acting, Singing and Dance classes. Over 5 hours of training per week with professional trainers.